In order to assist us to make a full assessment of the potential risks to your health from your planned travel, we would ask that you make a Travel Clinic appointment with our Practice Nurse. Ideally, this appointment should be made around the time of booking your holiday, at least 6 weeks before you travel.
At your appointment we may ask the following questions to help us plan for your trip:-
- When are you departing and for how long?
- Where are you going, including the destinations within a country?
- Where are you staying, e.g. backpacking, camping, hotels?
- Are you planning to undertake any high risk activities?
- Have you taken out travel insurance and have you informed the company of any existing medical condition?
- If female and of child bearing age, is there any possibility you could be pregnant, or are you planning a pregnancy?
- Do you have any medical conditions, or a history of significant medical illness? (these can influence the choice of malaria tablets we recommend)
Please download and complete Travel_Risk_Assessment_Form before your appointment.
- Online Services
- Carer Information Factsheet
- Carer’s Zoom Sessions
- Tests and Results
- Domestic Violence
- Preconception Advice
- Surgery Clinics
- Cancer Screening
- Children’s Health
- Managing Chronic Diseases
- Men’s Health
- Minor Surgery
- NHS Health Checks
- Planning a Family
- Private Services List and Fees
- First Contact Physiotherapy (FCP) Service
- Sickness Certificates
- Supporting a Healthy Lifestyle
- Women’s Health