Committee and panel members needed for GPSPG
Two voluntary executive committee members
Grove Park Surgery Patient Group (GPSPG) is a registered charity. The executive committee (6-8 members) are trustees of the charity and responsible for its sound administration and directing the activities of the patient group.
Our remit includes:
- Encouraging the best patient/practice relationship by promoting good communications between practice and patient and patient and practice.
- Organising (when possible) social events that fund raise to the benefit of groups of patients such as subsidising baby resuscitation classes, providing plants or equipment for the therapeutic garden, life-saving classes.
- Organising health talks in person and/or virtually.
- Keeping informed as to changes of personnel or practices at the surgery, and in the wider health community, as they affect patients.
- Surveying patient opinion/experience in order to feedback to Hounslow Integrated Care Partnership and the North West London Integrated Care System to help ensure their decisions take into account patient experience.
- Sharing attendance of monthly in-house meetings at the practice (lunch times)
- Attending bi-monthly GPSPG committee meetings (evenings) and AGM.
It is important that the executive committee represents/has links with a wide range of ages and demographics and to this end we would like to recruit two more members to help with the above. Ideally you will be aged under 60. Skills might include one or more of: marketing, data/digital, public health, young families, events, administration, finance. You must be comfortable using virtual meeting rooms.
Panel of voluntary Patient “experts”
We would also like to create a panel of our patients who we can occasionally turn to for opinion on subjects such as the Hounslow/North West London services provided for cancer, diabetes, respiratory, youth health, mental health, reproduction and pregnancy etc. We would love to hear from people plugged into help or advice groups on these and similar subjects so who can give us a broader picture than a single personal experience.
Please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
Do contact us at if you are interested in either role. Please write just a paragraph about who you are (in the case of the committee) and what you know about/are interested in sharing (both roles). No CVs please! It’s not that sort of application.