North West London health and care professionals are working together to provide your care. Those involved can see relevant information about you, so you can receive joined up care.
This ensures that when you visit your GP practice, the hospital, or get support in your community or at home, your care professional such as your GP, hospital doctor, district nurse or social worker has the right information about you at the right time.
You can talk to your health and care professional about sharing your information but here are some of the benefits:
You only need to tell your history once.
You avoid unnecessary appointments and tests.
You can be more involved in decisions about your care.
We collect and hold data about you for the purpose of providing safe and effective healthcare
- Your information may be shared with our partner organisations to audit services and help provide you with better care
- Information sharing is subject to strict agreements on how it is used
- We will only share your information outside of our partner organisations with your consent*
- If you are happy with how we use your information you do not need to do anything
- If you do not want your information to be used for any purpose beyond providing your care please let us know so we can code your record appropriately
- You can object to sharing information with other health care providers but if this limits your treatment options we will tell you
- Our guiding principle is that we are holding your information in the strictest confidence
- For more information about who are our partner organisations and how your data is used please see the privacy notice on our website or ask at reception